THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS, TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATION
REGIONAL MANAGER’S OFFICE -ARUSHA
INVITATION FOR TENDER (lFT)
Bridge Major Repair And Bridge Preventive Works Along Monduli-Engaruka (UP) road
Dated: 18th July 2019
1. This invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this FY 2019/20 which appeared in www.tanroads.go.tz, www.tanroadsarusha.go.tz and Tender portal dated 30th April 2019.
2. The Government of Tanzania has set aside funds for the operation of the Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) -Arusha Region during the FY 2019/20. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the funds will be used to cover eligible payments under the Contract for Periodic, Routine/Recurrent Maintenance,Rehabilitation works, and Bridges Major repair and Preventive Works along its Trunk and Regional Roads.
3. The TAN ROADS Regional Manager, Arusha Region, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS now invites sealed tenders from eligible National Civil Engineering,Specialist Road Marking & Signage and Specialist Labour Based road works Contractors registered with the Contractors Registration Board (CRB) in indicated Class or above for carrying out works as summarized below:
Note: PM – Periodic Maintenance, RR – Routine Recurrent, LB – Labour Based Contracts (the eligibility of which is for Specialist road works Labour Based Registered Contractors).
4. Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive Tendering and Competitive Quotations procedures specified in the Public Procurement (Goods, Works, Non-Consultant Service and Disposal of Public Assets by Tender) Regulations, 2013 and its amended 2016- Government notice No. 446 and are open to national Tenderers only.
5. Interested eligible Tenderer may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering and Quotation Documents at the office of the “Secretary of the Delegated TANROADS Regional Tender Board,P. 0. Box 3094, Arusha”from 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
6. A complete set of Tendering and Quotation Documents in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderer on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of TShs. 100,000/= for Tender Packages No. 10,33 & 34,TShs. 150,000/=for Tender Packages No.40-43,48-51,57-60,63&64 and TShs. 200,000/=for Tender Packages No.52,53,56,61 & 65. Payment should either be by Cash or Banker’s Cheque, payable to
TANROADS Regional Manager, Arusha Region.
7. All tenders/quotations must be accompanied by Tender Securing Declaration in the format provided in the Tendering Documents and Tender Security of 2% of tender price in form of Banker’s Cheque for Tender Packages No. 65.
8. All tenders/quotations in one original plus three copies, properly filled in and enclosed in plain envelopes must be delivered to the address under paragraph 5 above at or before 10.30 a.m. on 09th August 2019. Tenders/quotations will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderer’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at the TANROADS Regional Manager’s Office, Arusha Region.
9. Late tenders/quotations, portion of tenders/quotations, electronic tenders/quotations, tenders/quotations not received, tenders/quotations not opened and not read out in public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
10. Site visit and meeting will be as indicated on the table below;