TANZANIA INVESTMENT CENTRE (TIC)
CALL FOR CONCEPT NOTES FROM POTENTIAL INVESTORS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATION OF A REAL ESTATE OPPORTUNITY TO ENABLE COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE AT KIMANDOLU IN ARUSHA
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania, through the Tanzania Investment Centre (TIC), has allocated 47,324 square metres of land for investment in Real Estate Development Opportunity to Enable Commercial Enterprise at the Kimandolu, Arusha site.
- Kimandolu is located approximately 5 km from Arusha City centre, accessible through old Moshi tarmac road and it is situated alongside the old Moshi road. With ideal tourism climatic conditions, high demand of commercial building infrastructure and tourism facilities, Arusha City is well positioned to serve the growing demand of tourist hotel beds,’ residential apartment and office accommodation demand-supply gap in the Northern tourist/ Commercial circuit
- Through the Tanzania’s five years strategic development plan initiative commercial developers do also stand to gain: from complimentary investments opportunities by private investors in infrastructure, and tourism sector.
- As stated in the Tanzania Investment policy, 1996 that potential investors will be assured priority access to land set aside’ by the government for allocation to investors (Land Bank), the title deed of the land is secured by TIC from the Ministry of land and human settlements and the whole land is under TIC land bank.
- Kimandolu investment site for Real Estate Development Opportunity to Enable Commercial Enterprise land allocation process will be guided by the Tanzania Investment Centre approved land allocation manual.
- TIC is now inviting Concept Notes from Investors/ Developers who are interested to invest in Real Estate Development Opportunity to Enable Commercial Enterprise to submit their concepts notes to invest and develop Kimandolu TIC site.
- The following investment site is available-Plot No. 144/2/1 Block“GG” situated at Kimandolu in Arusha Municipality with 47,324 square metres
- The preliminary evaluation criteria for the Concept Notes are as follows:
i. Quality of the concept note and proposed project/investment
ii. Relevance to TIC’s priorities
iii. Alignment to national priorities: Vision 2025, BRN and the 5-year development plan
iv. Value for money in terms of benefits to TIC (including revenue) surrounding community and the Government of Tanzania at large including jobs, government revenues e.tc
v. Internal capacity of prospective investor
vi. Investor track record or experience in undertaking similar projects.
9. Upon completion of evaluation of submitted Concept Notes, TIC will short list Developers that will meet evaluation criteria and thereafter invite successful applicants to submit full Request for Proposals (RFP) based on TIC approved Terms of Reference for the call for proposals within TIC land bank allocation procedures and guidelines
10. The deadline for Concept Note submission shall be on Wednesday 31th March, 2021 at 02:00pm (EAT). The hard copy of the proposal should be submitted to
Tanzania Investment Centre (Head Office)
Shaaban Robert Street, 9A & B
P.O Box 938, Dar es Salaam,
Please note that, late submission will not be accepted. Proposal must be clearly marked: Concept Note for commercial building and tourism investment at TIC Kimandolu Arusha Site,
Further enquiry should be communicated by E-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org